The Ministry of Communications and Informatization of the Republic of Belarus (hereinafter referred to as "Minsvyazi") is a republican government body that submits to the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus.
In performing its activities, the Minsvyazi is guided by the Constitution of the Republic of Belarus, other legal acts of the Republic of Belarus and the present Provision.
The Minsvyazi coordinates the activities of other republican government bodies over the matters in the communications and informatization areas.
Main Objectives and Directions of the Ministry:
- government regulation and management of the activities in the domain of communications and informatization;
- organizing the preparation and implementation of communications and informatization development program, including State Program on Informatization in the Republic of Belarus for 2003-2005 and up to the year 2010 "Electronic Belarus";
- coordination of the activities of legal persons regardless of their patterns of ownership and individual entrepreneurs in the domain of communications and informatization with a view to meet the requirements of government bodies, legal entities and natural persons in the communications service, creation of the conditions for providing the government bodies, legal entities and natural persons with informational needs on basis of making information systems and (or) networks which provide formation and processing of informational resources; provision the users with the documentary information;
- development and implementation of the state policy in the field of planning, sharing and effective usage of the radio-frequency spectrum of civil radio electronic devices.
The Board of the Ministry consisting of Minister (a chairman of the Board), his deputies and employees was established in the Minsvyazi. The Council of the Ministers of the Republic of Belarus approves membership on presentation of the Minister. The decisions of the Board are put into practice by the Minister's orders or the resolutions of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization.
Scientific and Technical Council of the Ministry is being created for examination of scientific and technical issues and proposals on fundamental lines of development of means of communications and information systems. Minister approves the membership of the Council and its Provision.
According to the Programme of the Government of the Republic of Belarus for 2011 - 2015 years, approved by the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus of 18.02.2011 № 216, specific goals and objectives are set for the Ministry of Communications.
create the information society in the country through the introduction of advanced information and communication technologies and the entry of Belarus in 2015 to the number of the countries with the highest index of information and communication technologies on the grading system of the International Telecommunication Union and the UN.
The establishment of electronic government, healthcare, education, employment and social protection of population, national electronic content, information in all spheres of activity; building a modern information and communication infrastructure, resulting in the width of the external channel of Internet access will be at least 200 gigabits per second, the number of ports fixed broadband access will reach 3 million ports, the access speed will increase up to 100 megabits per second, the transition to air television broadcasting in digital format from taking a public (social) package of television programs throughout the country.
Mechanism of implementation:
- in July 2011- the design of the amendments to the Law of the Republic of Belarus dated July 19, 2005 "On Telecommunications" (National Register of Legal Acts of the Republic of Belarus, 2005, № 122, 2 / 1142), providing for market liberalization of telecommunications services; the adoption of the list of basic electronic services by the resolution of the Council of Ministers; its provisioning is ensured through a single state e-services portal to all persons concerned;
- the adoption (I quarter of 2011) and implementation of the National Programme of the accelerated development of services in the field of information and communication 45 technologies for 2011 - 2015 years, providing for implementation of subprograms "Information and communication technologies security and digital trust" and "E-health ", the creation of a unified system of identification of individuals and legal persons, the creation of secure information and communication infrastructure of interdepartmental cooperation between state bodies and organizations, the development of State management system of public keys of digital signatures check of the Republic of Belarus, the development of the counteraction system to the effects of hostile information; fostering the creation of E-justice;
- passing into multi-serving networks of electro-connection which is based on using of one hard programming platform (IMS-platforms)for render of different communicative services; implementation of mobile communicative services of the fourth generation; increasing of external access into the Internet and admission ability of electro-connective equipment to transmit the data; development of services concerning the broad-flat access into the Internet and additional services of data transmission; the development of data transmission services with broad-flat and cordless access services WiMAX, LTE; modernization and development of the access data networks with passing into Ethernet technology to provide access of telecommunicative traffic and building of the fiber-optical connective lines right to the users; the development of land digital telecasting and finishing of passing to ethereal telecasting in a digital format; the increasing of the on-line television; the development of postural services, based on a modern communicative technologies with implementation of automatic postural delivery and printed resources of the mass media by the end of 2012; technical development of data transmitted centers which are aimed to implement cordless functions of informative resources ; bargaining with foreign operators to optimize the routes of access, to rend the services of international roaming and to decline the rates on the services of the mobile connection in roaming; increasing of trans-border passing access of international traffic with the nearest countries and increasing of a transit capacity of the communicative international channels; submitting of the transit capacity of the international channels to nonresidents of the republic of Belarus; organization and increasing of the present capacity in the points of traffic exchange, in foreign states.
The Minister of Communication and Informatization realizes the coordination of work concerning the present subsection.